COVID 19 Addendum to the Code of Behaviour in St.Macartan’s College.
This addendum should be read in conjunction with the COVID 19 Response Plan and forms part of the St. Macartan’s College Code of Behaviour.
This addendum is included on our Code of Behaviour to help protect the health and wellbeing of the school community and our respective family members.
The Government as advised by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre has recommended that all teachers and secondary school students wear face coverings when a physical distance of two metres cannot be maintained. As a result all students will be supplied with one reusable face mask. If a student wishes to wear a visor that is acceptable. Students can purchase additional masks from the school office.
- All students must wear a facial covering where social distancing of 2 m is not possible in the classroom or at the request of any staff member. If a student has forgotten their facial covering a disposable mask will be provided for a fee.
- A facial covering must be worn on the corridor, coming into the school building, moving from class to class and on school buses.
- Students must not share any items e.g. pens, rulers, calculators, books, water bottles, lunch etc.….
- Hand sanitizers are placed throughout the school and should only be used in an appropriate manner. Any student caught interfering with the sanitizing equipment or using it in an inappropriate manner will be subject to sanction.
- Social distancing, hand hygiene and good respiratory etiquette should be observed by all students. Good respiratory etiquette means covering your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing by using a tissue or your bent elbow. The tissue must then be disposed of by placing it in the appropriate bin.
One Way System
- When students are moving from class to class they must move quickly to their new classroom following the one way system and the direction of the supervisors on duty. Students should observe as much social distance as is possible and wear a mask.
- No student should attend school if they are feeling unwell or if any member(s) of their household feel unwell with symptoms consistent with COVID19. If parents/guardians are in any way concerned about a student’s health, they should check the temperature of the student before they leave for school every morning. Temperatures will be checked in school every morning.
- Any student who feels unwell or develops symptoms of COVID 19 during the school day should report to the Principal or Deputy Principal without delay. The student will be isolated until collected by a parent or guardian.
- Any behaviour deemed to be inappropriate or disrespectful towards any member of the school community in relation to the COVID 19 protocols will be subject to sanction.
- The school operates a one way system which must be strictly observed for the health and safety of the whole school community.
- Entrance and exit doors have been assigned. These must be strictly adhered to.